Old School Montessori is in good standing with The Association of Illinois Montessori Schools, The American Montessori Society, and The Illinois State Board of Education.
The purpose of the Association of Illinois Montessori Schools (AIMS) is to provide a professional organizational structure for Member Montessori Schools to:
- Encourage and promote standards of excellence and ethical business practices.
- Monitor and disseminate pertinent educational legislation information.
- Conduct a consolidated public relations program.
- Act as a catalyst for harmonious interaction between members and other educational organizations.
- Support best practices in Montessori education.
The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs.
The Illinois State Board of Education will provide leadership, assistance, resources and advocacy so that every student is prepared to succeed in careers and postsecondary education, and share accountability for doing so with districts and schools.
- Every student will demonstrate academic achievement and be prepared for success after high school.
- Every student will be supported by highly prepared and effective teachers and school leaders.
- Every school will offer a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.